ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training - Private
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Foundation Syllabus, this course is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course from two weeks prior to the start of the class to the exam
- Instructor-led three-day or four-day course (a fourth day is added for hands on exersizes
- A set of approximately 700 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- Shipment of printed copies of written course
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Three sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on shipment option of printed copies of supplemental textbook, "Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification"
- Add-on option to purchase the exam for $200 per candidate. RBCS is an approved accredited volume purchase provider and can, if exams are purchased in bulk, pass along savings. RBCS will coordinate onsite exam administration at no additional charge
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Re-accredited by ASTQB June 2010. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2011. Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format, EPUB (Nook) format or MOBI (Kindle) format.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
Earn 22.5 PDUs upon completion of this course
View in RBCS Store