Risk Based Testing E-Learning
Risk is the possibility of a negative or undesirable outcome or event. Testing is concerned with two main types of risks:
- Product or quality risks, which are problems that can potentially affect the quality of the product itself.
- Project or planning risks, which are problems that can potentially affect overall project success.
Not all risks are equal and there are a number of ways to assess the level of risk. So, how can we identify risks, assess their level, implement appropriate tests and other controls, and report test results based on risk? This course will show attendees how to do so. We’ll look at quality risks and quality risk categories. We’ll talk about how to identify risk items and assess their level of risk. We’ll look at how risk based testing adapts to various software development lifecycle models, how project risks can affect testing, and metrics we can use during risk based testing. The course illustrates important concepts with examples, a case study, and realistic, hands-on exercises. The objectives for this course are as follows:
- Understand risks generally, and quality risks and project risks in particular
- Identify, analyze, assess, prioritize, and document quality risks
- Understand regression risks and regression risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and manage project risks that affect testing
- Report test results in terms of residual risks
- Measure the how effectively testing addresses risks
- Understand alternative ways of documenting and assessing quality risks
In accordance with the RBCS Green Initiative this course is completely paperless, unless you opt to purchase hard copy materials. Purchase of the e-learning course includes:
- Three months of unlimited access to the online course
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. View the materials on and/or download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Add -on shipment option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbooks “Managing the Testing Process” and/or “Pragmatic Software Testing.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
Earn 6.5 PDUs upon completion of this course
Download the Course Outline
View in RBCS Store