- Project: Temporary endeavor undertaken to create or provide service or product
- Project schedule (a.k.a., work-breakdown-structure): Hierarchical decomposition of project into phases, activities, and tasks with resources and dependencies
- What makes for a good schedule?
- Accurately predicts and guides the project’s future
- Realistic: All tasks included, accurately estimated, risks understood and mitigated
- Actionable: Clear ownership by committed individual contributors, assigned resources, known dependencies
Let’s build a realistic, actionable project schedule