ASTQB Foundation Business Analyst - Private
This course is based on both the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysts) and IREB (International Requirements Engineering Board) bodies of knowledge. This course is an excellent preparation course for IIBA®, IREB and the IQBBA (International Qualification Board for Business Analysis) certifications. This course explores not just why the requirements matter, but how to gather the right requirements, document them effectively and ensure that they are properly implemented. It explores the roles of the requirements engineer and business analyst both in ferreting out the requirements and interacting with the project team to ensure the customer gets the product they want and need. In this course you will learn effective techniques to select the right people from whom you will elicit the requirements. You will learn to document and track these requirements so nothing gets missed. You will learn which team members you must interact with at which stage in the project, and you will learn to track the requirements to completion. Rather than looking at the requirements gathering as the first step in the lifecycle, we look at the requirements throughout the lifecycle as a driving force to implementing the best product possible.
The objectives for this course include but are not limited to:
- Know reasons why requirements engineering/business analysis is important, yet often neglected (K1)
- Know roles of the requirements engineer/business analyst (K1)
- Understand the impact and causes of poor requirements (K2)
- Understand basic glossary terms (K2)
- Apply good requirements engineering to avoid project and product problems (K3)
- Extract the tasks from the requirements engineer/business analyst job description (K3)
- Know the legal aspects of working with contracts, suppliers and customers (K1)
- Understand that the type of product and application domain influence the approach that should be taken (K2)
- Understand that project conditions can strongly affect the success of the planned approach (K2)
- Understand that the environment is frequently changing and adaptation is a must (K2)
- Understand the social and human interaction factors that are required for success (K2)
- Identify missing success factors (K3)
- Estimate risk (K3)
- Understand the mechanisms and fundamental psychology of effective communication and the skills required for success (K2)
- Know the risks of inadequately determining the scope, context and interfaces of a system (K1)
- Understand the meaning of scope, context and interface (K2)
- Apply techniques to specify the logical and physical system boundaries using suitable techniques (K3)
- Know that requirements exist in many forms and must be consolidated into a coherent whole (K1)
- Understand the differences between functional and non-functional requirements and the acceptance criteria for each (K2)
- Understand the methods to use to define the behavior of the system (K2)
- Identify and model the processes of a system using a variety of tools and techniques (K3)
- Understand how to identify and structure large quantities of terms (K2)
- Apply graphical forms such as entity relationship diagrams (K3)
- Know classification schemes for non-functional requirements (K1)
Purchase of the course tuition includes;
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course from two weeks prior to the course until the time of the exam
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark.
- Add-on option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbook
- Option to purchase the certification exam.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
This course has been accredited by the ASTQB in February 2017. The IIBA® Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide 2.0) can be purchased at http://www.theiiba.org. The Syllabus for the IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Foundation Level is available at www.certified-re.de/en/syllabi/foundation-level.html. Click here for the Syllabus for the IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA) certification.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
Register for Training