ISTQB Foundation Level Performance Tester - Private
The ISTQB Foundation Level Performance Tester hands-on course provides anyone involved in software testing a chance to broaden their knowledge of performance testing. If someone has a desire to start a specialist career in performance testing, this course will help them understand the fundamentals and theories behind performance testing, and to prepare for the certification exam. The course was co-created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and Jamie Mitchell, who brings over 38 years of testing experience, both hardware and software. Jamie is a pioneer in the test automation field, having been creating automated testing since 1991. Both Rex and Jamie are co-authors of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus.
The objectives for the course are as follows:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance and performance testing
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance tests to various stakeholders
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led two-day course
- A set of approximately 220 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus.
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbook
- Option to purchase the certification exam. If exams are purchased in bulk, discounted rates are applied. RBCS will coordinate onsite exam administration at no additional charge.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
This course was accredited by the ASTQB February 2019. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus 2018.
Blended e-learning (when available), licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
View in RBCS Store