ASTQB Virtual Certified Mobile Tester
The Virtual Mobile Tester Foundation course, created by Rex Black, President of RBCS, Inc. (RBCS), past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Chair of the ISTQB Agile Tester Working Group, and a reviewer of the ASTQB Mobile Tester Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on mobile projects.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Identify and mitigate the challenges that face a mobile application tester.
- Plan, design and implement appropriate test cases for mobile applications.
- Work with other team members to identify and assess risks and to implement a testing solution to help mitigate those risks.
- Identify the applicable quality characteristics for a mobile application and identify an appropriate testing approach to address those characteristics.
- Participate in tool analysis and selection to select the most appropriate tools for conducting mobile application testing.
- Identify areas for non-functional testing and prepare appropriate tests for those areas.
- Understand the differences between the various mobile application types and select appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to test those applications.
- Effectively employ simulators, emulators and the cloud for testing.
- Participate in planning for the future, including proper tool selection and building for maintainability.
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via GoToWebinar. Sessions start at 12:00 noon Central and end at 3:30 pm Central or sessions start at 6:00 pm and end at 8:00 pm Central, to provide convenient access to attendees anywhere in the American hemisphere. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours. Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led consecutive three-day 3½ hours per day virtual course or four-day 2 hours per day virtual course
- Two weeks of unlimited access to the e-learning course (when available), starting one week prior to the virtual classroom session
- A set of approximately 200 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set.Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the syllabus and glossary.
- A mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- Mobile Tester Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- A mock exam to assess readiness for the ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- This is a “Green” course. The option to purchase hard copy materials is available.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The exam is not administered at the course. The exam fee is not included with the tuition. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ASTQB Mobile Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course and take the exam. Exam vouchers for electronic exams can be issued for $150 to be used at a local Kryterion testing center.
The course covers the ASTQB Mobile Tester Syllabus 2015 and was accreditation by the ASTQB in January 2016.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Download the Course Outline
View in RBCS Store
All dates offered for this course:
Contact RBCS for course dates or more information if interested in this course.