ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Training - Private
High-quality test designs and specifications are the key to precise test cases and an efficient and effective testing process. This hands-on course provides technical test analysts with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to fulfill the test strategy in terms of technical requirements. This training course presents a comprehensive overview of methods and techniques for deriving and specifying software tests based on the system’s requirements and design (“black box tests”) as well as its implementation and structure (“white box tests”). On completing the course, attendees will be able to select and apply techniques for test case derivation such as state-based testing and control flow testing as well as static and dynamic analysis. We will look at non-functional testing techniques such as reliability testing, portability testing, performance, load and stress testing. We will also discuss how to succeed in building robust automation architectures and using a variety of tools to reach a quality target. The objectives for this course include but are not limited to:
- Explain where non-functional tests and architecture-based tests fit into an application’s lifecycle
- Explain what criteria may influence the structure and level of test condition development
- Describe how we can use test analysis and design activities to discover defects prior to test execution
- Explain the concept of test oracles and how a test oracle is used, with realistic examples of test specifications
- Describe and define the entry conditions for test execution, including: testware, test environment, configuration management, and defect management
- Outline a risk based approach for planning and executing technical testing
- Write test cases using the following black box test design techniques
- Equivalence partitioning
- Boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- State transition testing
- Write test cases using the following white box test design techniques:
- Statement testing
- Decision testing
- Condition determination testing
- Multiple condition testing
- List examples of typical defects to be identified by each specific technique
- Analyze a system or its requirement specification, determine which black box and white box techniques to apply for specific objectives, and outline a test specification based on IEEE 829
- Based on ISO 9126, characterize testing approaches, specify test cases and distinguish between the types of defects that can be found by security, reliability and efficiency tests.
- Understand why test strategies should include maintainability, portability and accessibility tests, and specify test cases to cover these attributes.
- Create a checklist that can find typical defects during code and architecture review
- Compare review types with each other and show their relative strengths, weaknesses and fields of use
- Analyze, classify and describe functional and non-functional defects in understandable defect reports
Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 500 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- Shipment of printed copies of written course
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Technical Test Analyst
- Tthe latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Technical Test Analyst Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Technical Test Analyst module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Technical Test Analyst Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option to purchase your choice of hardcopy, ePub format or Amazon Kindle format versions of the supplemental textbook "Advanced Software Testing-Vol.3: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Technical Test Analyst"
- Add-on option to purchase the exam for $200 per candidate. RBCS is an approved accredited volume purchase provider and can, if exams are purchased in bulk, pass along savings. RBCS will coordinate onsite exam administration at no additional charge. All attendees of the Advanced Level courses must have successfully completed Foundation Level training and sufficient practical experience. Proof of eligibility is available from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board and is required to take an Advanced exam.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Accredited by ASTQB January 2013. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Technical Test Analyst 2012. Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format, EPUB (Nook) format or MOBI (Kindle) format.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
View in RBCS Store