ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Technical Test Analyst E-Learning
E-learning Demo – View a sample of this course without obligation and for free.
High-quality test designs and specifications are the key to precise test cases and an efficient and effective testing process. This hands-on course provides technical test analysts with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to fulfill the test strategy in terms of technical requirements.
This training course presents a comprehensive overview of methods and techniques for deriving and specifying software tests based on the system’s requirements and design (“black box tests”) as well as its implementation and structure (“white box tests”). On completing the course, attendees will be able to select and apply techniques for test case derivation such as state-based testing and control flow testing as well as static and dynamic analysis. We will look at non-functional testing techniques such as reliability testing, portability testing, performance, load and stress testing. We will also discuss how to succeed in building robust automation architectures and using a variety of tools to reach a quality target.
The objectives for this course include but are not limited to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Provide technical elements to the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate white-box test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on design coverage.
- Effectively participate in reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Improve the quality characteristics of code and by making use of different analysis techniques.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
In accordance with the RBCS Green Initiative this course is completely paperless, unless you opt to purchase hard copy materials. Purchase of the e-learning course includes:
- Three months of unlimited access to the online course
- A set of approximately 350 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Technical Test Analyst Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Technical Test Analyst module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus.
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Technical Test Analyst Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of printed course materials and/or supplemental textbook "Advanced Software Testing-Vol 3: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Technical Test Analyst" (hard copy or e-book format)
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page. All individuals sitting for the Advanced Level exams must have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification and sufficient practical experience. Proof of eligibility is available from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board and is required to take an Advanced exam
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Accredited by ASTQB October 2021. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Syllabus v4.0.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 days prior to the start of a live course or after activating an e-learning course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will receive a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Download the Course Outline
Register for Training