Software Testing: The Next Generation Course - Private
From traditional testers to software development engineers in test (SDETs) to programmers doing unit testing, everybody in the development team is doing testing now. You’re probably spending lots of time and energy on testing, but are you getting the benefits you should? In this class, you learn the techniques that will allow you to create tests that will find important bugs when you develop new code, reduce regression risk when you change existing code, and build confidence when you deliver software. This class will allow you to defy conventional wisdom. Why move fast and break stuff when you can move even faster and not break stuff? Why release early and be ashamed of your first version when you can release even earlier and be proud of it? In three days, you’ll learn the essential test techniques that will set you and your products apart from the crowd.
The objectives of this course are:
- Design and develop tests based on expected behavior (black box), using techniques including:
- Equivalence classes and boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- State-transition diagrams
- Domain testing
- Pairwise techniques
- Measure and enhance test coverage based on implementation details (white box), using techniques like:
- Statement and branch coverage.
- McCabe Cyclomatic Complexity and basis tests.
- If the optional third day is chosen, select appropriate unit and integration test automation strategies, using tools for:
- Test-driven development
- Behavior-driven development
- Acceptance test-driven development
- An instructor led one-day course
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
View in RBCS Store